What are Hopi Ear Candles?
An ear candle (also known as a Hopi Ear Candle) is a hollow cylinder made from unbleached cotton or muslin which has been coated in natural ingredients including beeswax and essential oils. These ear candles are approx 22 cms (8 3/4 ins) long. The candle is lit and then placed in the ear.
Ear Candles, despite medical opposition, have been proven to have many benefits both medically and therapeutically. Many people use ear candles purely for relaxation purposes. Others use them for medical reasons and these are a few of the many benefits that have been documented:
- Improved hearing
- Getting rid of strange noises in the ear
- Headache relief
- Release of a build up of pressure in the ear
- Release of a build up of ear wax
- Relief of sinus problems
- Relief from tinnitus, Menieres disease and ‘swimmers ear’
- Better lymphatic circulation
- Helps snoring problems
- Relief for sufferers of glue ear, rhinitis, colds and migraines
- Relieves the feelings of vertigo
- Relief from neuralgia
- Stress relief
Have you seen this recent Ear Cleaning in India article? Never let anyone tell you that ear candling is dangerous! Hopi ear candles are a very effective alternative natural therapy.
The process is laid out fully at
How Do Ear Candles Work